This Program has been suspended due to budget restraints.
Bangor Township will provide residential properties a chipping service for trees/bushes in addition to the service provided by the Township’s yard waste collection program. Following is the Township's policy regarding brush chipping:
- Residents with limited material are encouraged to bundle it in 2 foot bundles 4 foot in length for pick up by the Township’s contracted waste hauler.
- If there is a larger amount of brush, the Township will evaluate individual properties to determine if the Township has the capacity to provide chipping service.
- The Township will provide the service on a first-come first-serve basis. The Township will not guarantee a time when brush will be picked up.
- The Administration Office will accept requests and provide them to the Township Maintenance Supervisor.
- Residents are to neatly pile branches on their property near the road with stems facing the road.
- Root balls must be removed from all shrubs and bushes. They will not be picked up because the dirt and stones embedded in the root balls may damage the chipper.
- A minimum of two (2) people must be present to do chipping. One of these two people must be a Township employee.
- Residents are limited to two (2) requests for service in any calendar year. Responsibilities to maintain this record will be assigned by the Township Supervisor.
- Brush created by contracted businesses or brought in from other communities WILL NOT be removed by the Township.
- Township guidelines must be followed or brush will not be removed.
- Chipping service is for maintenance of residential properties ONLY. The Township WILL NOT chip material from residents clearing property.
- Chipping service is provided only to residents included in the Township’s Trash Special Assessment.
- In the event of inclement weather, labor shortage, equipment failure or other unforeseen circumstances, the Supervisor's Office may cease accepting requests until such time the program is functioning normally.
- A permit from the Bay County Road Commission to work in the road right of way will be obtained.