YARD WASTE WILL BEGIN
THE WEEK OF APRIL 3RD
"YARD WASTE" stickers are available for purchase for
50¢ a piece
In Bangor Township trash is collected on a weekly basis. Recycling is collected every other week.
Please have your trash, recycling and yard waste out at the curb no later than 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
If you would like the large green toter for trash, you can create an account with Waste Management by calling 1-800-796-9696. This is separate charge to you.
Yard waste is collected on your first pick-up date in April until your last pickup day in November.
The following is a list of guidelines provided by the Township's contract with Waste Management. You can also find collection schedules near the bottom of this page.
Trash Collection Guidelines
- Put refuse in regular trash containers or plastic bags for pick up.
- Trash containers over 33 gallons will not be picked up. 55 gallon barrels are too heavy for use.
- In the case of a holiday falling on your normally scheduled pick up day, refuse/compost and recycling (if scheduled) will be picked up a day later.
- No container weighing more than 50 pounds will be picked up. This includes all trash, yard waste and recycling containers/bags.
- Put grass, leaves and brush in reusable containers clearly marked yard waste only or paper bags for compost collection. Plastic bags are not allowed.
- Separate compost from refuse at the curb and mark reusable compost containers with a "yard waste" designation.
- Recycling is not mandatory but STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
- Recycling must be put in green recycling bins. These are available at the Township Administration Building for $7.50. Other similar green bins can be purchased locally and are acceptable.
- Put refuse/compost/recycling on curb by 7 a.m. on day of pick-up and no sooner than the night prior to pick-up.
- Put out compost items weekly from your first pick-up day in April until your last pick-up day in November.
- Separate refuse, compost and recyclable containers at the curb to aid in timely pick-up of materials.
- Real Christmas trees will be picked up on your normal collection day the last week of December and the first two weeks in January.
- Remember all recyclable items will be picked up every other week.
- Compost bags and recycling bins are available at several area retailers.
- Put branches/brush, no larger than two inches in diameter, into tied bundles no longer than four feet. The bundle should not weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Please refer to the Recyclable Materials Guide for a list of recyclable materials.
- Any reusable recycling container larger than 18 gallons must be clearly marked RECYCLING and shall not exceed 33 gallons in size.
- Items in a recycling container which is larger than 18 gallons, glass/plastic/metal items must be separated from the paper/cardboard products or it will not be picked up.
- Cardboard must be broken down flat and placed in a recycle bin, or tied in bundles up to 2 feet long and 2 feet wide, and weighing less than 50 pounds per bundle.
Yard Waste Guidelines
- Yard waste is collected every week from the first pickup day in April through the last pickup day in November.
- Yard Waste must be placed in containers marked "Yard Waste" or in paper bags, with containers or bags weighing less than 50 pounds each.
- All trees, wood, lumber, hedge and tree trimmings or other items must be bundled in lengths not exceeding 48", individual pieces not exceeding 2" in diameter, bundles not exceeding 24" in diameter and not weighing more than 50 pounds per bundle.
- Yard waste means compostable, organic material consisting of grass clippings, hedge and tree pruning, weeds, brush, leaves and other yard wastes excluding trees.
Questions or Concerns?
Contact the Bangor Township Offices at 989-684-8931 or Waste Management at 1-800-796-9696.